Application Process for Current Illinois Graduate Students
Current University of Illinois graduate students may apply to any CS graduate degree program by submitting the Curriculum Change form. This form must include support and signature from your current advisor in your home department and departmental authorized signature from home department.
Applications must be submitted by the posted application deadline.
Along with the Curriculum Change form, students must submit the following items:
- A detailed "Statement of Purpose" that includes your background and why you want to complete a CS graduate degree.
- Two letters of recommendation from two faculty members at Illinois. For PhD applicants, one of these letters should be from a CS faculty member willing to serve as your advisor and support the student's research. For MS applicants, one of these letters should be from a CS faculty member who is willing to serve as the student's advisor. Letters for MCS applicants do not have additional requirements other than being from Illinois faculty.
- Names of one to two additional Illinois faculty or staff who may provide recommendations if needed.
- Current CV or resume, including any publications.
- If applying to the MS or PhD program, please complete the CS Interest form.
- International students applying to the Ph.D. program are highly recommended to obtain a passing speak score on the TOEFL iBT, IELTS, or the University of Illinois EPI exam. This will strengthen your application.
Where to Submit Your Application
Application materials, including letters of recommendation, can be submitted electronically (as PDF files) to firstname.lastname@example.org or delivered as paper copies to 1210 Siebel Center.